1. In these terms and conditions, the following words have the following meanings:-
the hours we permit access to the Unit
these terms and conditions and the information set out overleaf
the date specified overleaf
the amount specified overleaf
the date specified overleaf and the corresponding date in each period specified overleaf or the previous business day if the Due Date falls on a Saturday,
anything you store in the Unit at any time during this Agreement
The obtaining of insurance for the Goods by us under Condition 21A
the amount specified overleaf which does include VAT, which shall also be paid by you where it is or becomes applicable.
In respect of payment of each and every sum due under this Agreement, payment on the Due Date or within two working days afterwards, and in respect of any sum being due under any other agreement between You and us, payment within seven days of that sum being demanded in writing
the premises on which the Unit is situated
the date specified overleaf or the date of termination of this Agreement in accordance with Condition 25 or 26
the storage unit specified overleaf or any alternative storage unit we may specify under Condition 11
We, us, our:
the storage provider named overleaf
the customer named overleaf
2. So long as Our Fees are paid up to date, we license You but no other person
2.1. to use the Unit for the storage of Goods in the Unit in accordance with this Agreement from the Commencement Date until this Agreement is terminated; and
2.2. to have access to the Unit at any time during the Access Hours only for the purposes of depositing, removing, substituting or inspecting the Goods and your regular inspection of the Unit for damage or unsuitability for the Goods. No access to the Unit will be permitted for any other purposes or outside Access Hours. We will try to provide advance warning of changes in Access Hours by notices on Site, but we reserve the right to change Access Hours to other reasonable access times at any time without giving any prior notice.
3. Only You and persons authorised in writing or accompanied by You will be allowed to have access to the Unit. Any such person is your agent for whose actions You are responsible and liable to us and to other users of units on the Site. You may withdraw any authorisation at any time but the withdrawal will not be effective until we receive it in writing. We may ask for proof of identity from You or any other person at any time (although we are not obliged by this Agreement or otherwise to do so) and we may refuse access to any person (including You) who is unable to provide satisfactory proof of identity. We may refuse You or your agents access at any time if we consider in our sole discretion that the safety of any person on the Site, or the security of the Unit or its contents, or other units or their contents will be put at risk.
4. You are responsible for providing a secure padlock for the Unit and You must ensure that the Unit is locked so as to be secure from unauthorised entry at all times when You are not in the Unit. We will not be responsible for locking any unlocked Unit. You should not leave your key with or permit access to your Unit to any person other than your own agent who is responsible to You and subject to your control and if You do so, You do so at your own risk whether or not any such person is our employee or agent. We do not accept any liability for any person including our employee or agent holding your key and having access to your Unit and any such person acts as your agent only.
5. You will permit us and our agents and contractors to enter the Unit and if necessary we may break the lock to gain entry:-
5.1. if we give You not less than seven days’ notice so that we may inspect the Unit or carry out repairs, maintenance and alterations to it or any other unit or part of the Site;
5.2. at any time without notifying You:-
5.2.1. if we reasonably believe that the Unit contains any items described in Condition 8 or is being used in breach of Condition 9 or such entry is effected incidental to the exercise of our powers pursuant to Condition 18;
5.2.2. if we are required to do so by the Police, Fire Services, Local Authority or by a Court Order;
5.2.3. for any purpose including that in Condition 5.1, if we believe it is necessary in an emergency;
5.2.4. to obtain access in accordance with Conditions 11 and 18;
5.2.5. to prevent injury or damage to persons or property; or
5.2.6. for the purpose of ascertaining whether the Unit contains any items described in Condition 8 or if we reasonably consider that such entry is necessary to ascertain whether action needs to be taken to prevent injury or damage to persons or property.
6. You warrant that throughout this Agreement, the Goods in the Unit from time to time are your own property or that the person who owns or has an interest in them has given You irrevocable authority to store the Goods in the Unit on the terms and conditions in this Agreement and that You act as a duly authorised agent of any such person. You indemnify us against any loss or damage suffered by us for breach of this warranty including against any loss, damage or expenses incurred by us (including any reasonably incurred legal fees) arising from any step or action taken by any person who owns or has an interest in the Goods.
7. We reserve the right to refuse to permit You to store any Goods or require You to collect any Goods from the Unit if in our opinion the safety of any person on the Site, or the security of the Unit or its contents, or other units or their contents would be put at risk by the storage or continued storage of any such Goods.
8. You must not store (and You must not allow any other person to store) any of the following in the Unit:-
8.1. food or perishable goods unless securely packed so that they are protected from and do not attract vermin;
8.2. birds, fish, animals or any other living creatures;
8.3. combustible or flammable materials or liquids such as gas, paint, petrol, oil or cleaning solvents;
8.4. firearms, explosives, weapons or ammunition;
8.5. chemicals, radioactive materials, biological agents;
8.6. toxic waste, asbestos or other materials of a potentially dangerous nature;
8.7. any item which emits any fumes, smell or odour;
8.8. any illegal substances, illegal items or goods illegally obtained;
8.9. compressed gases.
9. You must not (and You must not allow any other person to):-
9.1. use the Unit or do anything on the Site or in the Unit which may be a nuisance to us or the users of any other unit or any person on the Site;
9.2. do anything on the Site or in the Unit which may invalidate any of our insurance policies or those of other unit users or increase the premiums payable on them;
9.3. use the Unit as offices or living accommodation or as a home or business address and not use the address of the Site or the Unit for receiving or sending mail;
9.4. spray paint or do any mechanical work of any kind in the Unit;
9.5. attach anything to the internal or external surfaces of the Unit or make any alteration to the Unit;
9.6. allow any liquid, substance, smell or odour to escape from the Unit or any noise to be audible or vibration to be felt outside the Unit;
9.7. cause any damage to the Unit or any other unit or the Site or its facilities or to the property of us or any other unit users or other persons on the Site and if You cause any damage You must (at our option) repair, restore or replace such damage or item or reimburse the costs of making necessary repairs, restoration or replacement or make proper compensation;
9.8. leave anything in or cause any obstruction or undue hindrance in any passageway, stairway, service area or other part of the Site and You must at all times exercise courtesy to others and reasonable care for your own safety and that of others in using these areas.
9.9. connect or provide any utilities or services to the Unit unless authorised in advance in writing by us.
10. You must (and You shall procure that your agents must):-
10.1. use reasonable care when on the Site or in the Unit and take all reasonable care in respect of the Unit, the Site, and the property of us or any other unit users or other persons on the Site;
10.2. inform us immediately of any damage or defect to the Unit;
10.3. comply with the reasonable directions of any of our employees, agents and contractors at the Site and any further regulations for the use safety and security of the Unit and the Site which we may issue from time to time.
11. This Agreement shall not confer on You any right to exclusive possession of the Unit.
11.1. We may at any time by giving You seven days’ written notice require You to remove the Goods from the Unit to another unit specified by us which shall not be smaller than the current Unit.
11.2. We agree to pay your reasonable costs of removal which have been approved in writing by us in advance of the removal.
11.3. If You do not arrange the removal of Goods to the alternative unit by the date specified in our notice, we and our agents and contractors may enter the Unit and do so. In doing so, we and our agents and contractors will act as your agent and the removal will be at your risk (except for loss or damage caused wilfully or negligently by us and our agents and contractors, subject to the aggregate limit of our liability contained in Condition 21).
11.4. If the Goods are moved to an alternative unit, this Agreement will be varied by the substitution of the alternative unit number but shall otherwise continue in full force and effect and Our Fees at the rate set out overleaf will continue to apply to your use of the alternative unit.
12. You must pay us Our Fees for the minimum period of storage on signature of this Agreement and thereafter must pay Our Fees on the Due Date.
13. We may alter Our Fees at any time by giving You written notice and the new Fees shall take effect on the first Due Date occurring not less than four weeks after the date of our notice.
14. If You do not pay Our Fees on the Due Date, You must pay us an administrative charge for late payment which is the larger of 10 per cent of Our Fees or £5.
15. Additionally, on each occasion any cheque is dishonoured, at our option You must pay us an administrative charge of £12.
16. Additionally, You must pay us interest on all amounts overdue for payment from You at the rate of 5% above the base rate of NatWest Bank PLC, calculated from the date when payment becomes due up to and including the date of actual payment including all accrued interest, whether before or after judgment, and whether or not we exercise the right of sale under this Agreement.
17. You must pay us the Deposit on your signature of this Agreement. The Deposit will be returned to You (without interest) after this Agreement terminates less any amount we may in our sole discretion deduct to cover:-
17.1. any breach of Condition 9.7;
17.2. any of Our Fees which have not been paid or any unpaid removal or other charges; or
17.3. any other obligation to us that You have not performed.
18. The Prompt Payment of each and every sum (including interest) whether invoiced or not, owing from You to us from time to time under this Agreement or any other agreement between You and us (in this Condition, called “Your Debt”) is of the essence of this Agreement.
18.1. The terms of this Condition are additional to and without prejudice to all or any rights we may have at common law or otherwise.
18.2. In default of Prompt Payment of Your Debt,
18.2.1. Subject to Condition 21A, if applicable, we are relieved of any duty howsoever arising in respect of the Goods; and
18.2.2. the Goods are held solely at Your risk and we shall be able to immediately exercise the lien described below.
18.3. We have a lien over the Goods for Your Debt until payment of Your Debt in full has been received by us in cash or, if by cheque, until the cheque has been paid by your bank and after this lien becomes exercisable by us, the following Conditions shall apply.
18.4. You shall pay us fees and charges at the same rates as under this Agreement and if this Agreement has been terminated, the relevant rate at which such fees and charges will be payable by You will be the rate which was payable immediately prior to termination; and
18.5. In default of Prompt Payment of Your Debt, You authorise us;-
18.5.1. to refuse You and your agents access to the Goods, the Unit and the Site;
18.5.2. to enter the Unit and inspect and remove the Goods to another unit or Site;
18.5.3. to hold onto and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the Goods.
18.6. In the event that Your Debt is not paid promptly or You fail to collect the Goods after we have required You to collect them or upon expiry or termination of this Agreement, we may, subject to Condition 18.8, sell the Goods and pass all ownership to them and use the proceeds of sale to pay first the costs incurred by us in the sale and removal, and secondly in paying Your Debt and to hold any balance for You. Interest will not accrue to You on the balance.
18.7. If the proceeds of sale are insufficient to discharge all or any part of the costs of sale incurred by us and Your Debt, You must pay any balance outstanding to us within seven days of a written demand from us which will set out the balance remaining due to us after the net proceeds of sale have been credited to You. Interest will continue to accrue on Your Debt until payment has been made.
18.8. Before we sell the Goods, we will give You notice in writing by registered or recorded delivery post at your address overleaf or any address in England and Wales notified by You to us in writing prior to our notice, specifying any particulars that we have of the Goods, the amount of Your Debt at the date of the notice (and, in our sole discretion, specifying any amount by which Your Debt is increasing after the date of that notice) and directing You to pay and that in default of payment within two months after the date of the notice, we will sell the Goods. We do not agree to give You any further notice of any intended sale.
18.9. We will sell the Goods by the best method(s) reasonably available to achieve the best selling price reasonably obtainable in the open market, taking into account the costs of sale.
18.10. If the Goods cannot reasonably and economically be sold (for any reason whatsoever), or they remain unsold despite our efforts, You authorise us to treat them as abandoned by You and to destroy or otherwise dispose of them at your cost.
19. Because the nature and type of goods being stored by You from time to time is entirely within your discretion (subject to Condition 8 and 9) You must ensure that the Unit is suitable for the storage of the goods that You store or intend to store in it. We do not warrant or represent that any unit allocated to You is a suitable place or means of storage for any particular goods. We strongly advise You to inspect the Unit before storing Goods in the Unit and from time to time throughout the period of this Agreement.
20. In the event that You do not pay any Fees or charge, the Goods are left in the Unit at your sole risk. We exclude any liability in respect of the Goods when payment of Our Fees or charges is overdue and exclude any duty of care howsoever arising.
21. Unless Condition 21A applies we do not insure the Goods.
21.1. Storage of Goods in the Unit is at your sole risk.
21.2. Subject to Condition 21.A You warrant to us as follows:
21.2.1. that prior to bringing the Goods onto the Site you have insured or will insure the Goods against all normal perils under a valid contract of insurance with a reputable insurance company for their full replacement value and will not cause or allow that insurance cover to lapse whilst the Goods or any of them remain on the Site; and
21.2.2. that the insurance cover will not be for a sum which is lower than the replacement value of the Goods stored in the Unit from time to time.
21.3. We exclude all liability in respect of loss or damage relating to Your business, if any, including consequential loss, lost profits or business interruption, and all liability in respect of loss or damage to the Goods caused by Normal Perils, including as a result of negligence by us, our agents and/or employees above the sum of £50 which we consider to be the normal excess on a standard household insurance policy whether or not that policy would cover the Goods
21.4. Normal Perils in this Condition mean loss of or damage to Goods caused by fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, aircraft, storm, flood, bursting &/or leaking pipes, theft accompanied by forcible and violent entry or exit, riot, strike, civil commotion, malicious damage, and impact by vehicles.
21.5. You warrant that:
21.5.1 You have written overleaf the true total value of all the Goods
21.5.2 the aggregate value of the Goods stored in the Unit from time to time will not exceed that value; and this warranty is repeated by You to us at each Due Date.
21A This Condition applies only if You have accepted the Insurance Option. In that event, the following provisions of this Condition 21A shall apply.
21A.1 We shall take out and maintain a contract of insurance in accordance with the summary of terms provided to you providing cover to us for the Goods and for the purposes of such insurance cover, the replacement value of the Goods shall be the True Total of the Value of the Goods stated at the beginning of this Agreement.
21A.2 If loss or damage occurs to the Goods as a result of any matter which may result in a claim under such insurance cover, we shall notify the insurer promptly of the claim and in any event within 2 business days of receipt from you of a written direction to notify a claim in the form attached to the summary of terms. For the purposes of processing any such claim You shall provide us, the insurer or any agent of the insurer appointed to investigate such claim with such information and existence as may reasonably be required in relation to the claim. We will also provide to you, the insurer, or any agent of the insurer appointed to investigate the claim, with such information and assistance in relation to the claim as may reasonably be required. In addition, we will send to you a copy of all correspondence with the insurer or any agent of the insurer relating to the claim (including the notification). While we will, in accordance with the previous provisions of this paragraph, notify claims to the insurer, we are not under any circumstances obliged to start or threaten to start any legal proceedings in relation to any such claim [unless specifically agreed with you in writing].
21A.3 In the event that we make a claim under such insurance cover in respect of damage or loss caused to the Goods, we shall pay or arrange for payment to You that part of any proceeds of such claim made by us which relates to such damage or loss to the Goods after deduction of any outstanding sums due to us from you. For the avoidance of doubt, You acknowledge that our liability in respect of any claim under such insurance cover is restricted to the payment to You of those sums which we recover which relate to the Goods.
21A.4 We do not give any advice concerning the insurance cover referred to in Condition 21A.1 and it is for you to make your own judgement whether such insurance is appropriate to cover the Goods and risks to them.
21A.5 If this Condition 21A applies then Condition 21.2 of the Agreement shall not apply.
21A.6 Nothing in this Condition 21A shall make us Your agent.
22. We do not exclude liability for physical injury to or the death of any person and which is a direct result of our negligence or wilful default or that of our agents and/or employees.
23. You will indemnify us against all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses incurred by us or by any of our servants, agents or other unit users or persons on the Site which arise out of the use of the Unit or the Site by You or any of your servants, agents or invitees or arise out of the breach of this Agreement by You.
24. In the event of circumstances which are outside our reasonable control and their consequences, we do not agree and are not obliged by this Agreement to maintain the safety or security of the Goods, the Unit or the Site in order to keep the Goods free from damage or loss. Neither You nor we shall have any liability under or be deemed to be in breach of this Agreement for any delay or failure in performance of this Agreement which results from circumstances beyond the reasonable control of that party. Such circumstances include any Act of God, riot, strike or lock-out, trade dispute or labour disturbance, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, shortage of labour, materials or transport, electrical power failures, threat of or actual terrorism or environmental or health emergency or hazard, or entry into any unit including the Unit or the Site by, or arrest or seizure or confiscation of Goods by competent authorities.
25. This Agreement shall expire on the Termination Date or as described in Condition 26.
26. Either You or We may terminate this Agreement :- 26.1 by us giving you not less than fourteen days’ written notice or by you informing us that you wish to terminate this Agreement in which case termination will take effect from the next Due Date, which shall be the Termination Date; or’. 26.2 immediately by giving written notice to the other if it commits a serious breach of any term of this Agreement and (in the case of a breach capable of being remedied) shall have failed within 15 days after service of a notice to do so, to remedy the breach. Serious breach includes a failure by You to pay all Our Fees and other charges due to us under this Agreement. The Termination Date shall be the date the notice is effectively served on You in accordance with Condition 38.
27. Immediately on the Termination Date, You must remove all goods from the Unit and leave the Unit clean and tidy and in the same condition as at the Commencement Date. If You do not do so, You shall pay our costs of cleaning the Unit or disposing of any goods or rubbish left in the Unit or on the Site. In default of Prompt Payment of our Fees and any payments due to us under this Agreement, we are relieved of any duty howsoever arising in respect of the Goods and they are held solely at your risk. We may treat Goods remaining in the Unit after the Termination Date as abandoned and may dispose of them in accordance with Condition 18.6 and 18.8.
28. Where this Agreement has terminated and You have paid more of Our Fees and charges than are due at the Termination Date, we will refund the balance to You after deduction of any payments due to us as if the balance were a Deposit under Condition 17. No interest will accrue on any money held by us for You. Where any payments are still outstanding from You, You must pay us in full including any outstanding interest before we will release the Goods to You.
29. You agree to examine the Goods carefully upon removing them from the Unit and must tell us about any loss or damage to the Goods as soon as is reasonably possible after doing so.
30. Any delay by us in exercising any of our rights under this Agreement will not affect our rights or be a waiver of those rights, nor will any partial exercise of any right exclude a further exercise of that right
31. Every provision in this Agreement is severable and distinct from every other provision and if at any time one or more of such provisions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions will not be affected in any way.
32. This Agreement can only be varied in writing and signed by one of our directors. None of our other employees or agents has any authority to vary this Agreement on our behalf whether orally or in writing or to make any representation of fact that is or may be inconsistent with the terms of this Agreement.
33. You may not assign any of your rights under this Agreement or part with possession of the Unit or Goods whilst they are on the Site to any other person, firm or company and a breach of this Condition is a serious breach under Condition 26.2.
34. You agree that it is not the intent of this Agreement to confer any rights on any third parties by virtue of this Agreement and accordingly the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 shall not apply to this Agreement.
35. This Agreement shall be governed by English law and You and we submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
36. This Agreement shall not create a tenancy or constitute us as bailees of Goods.
37. Where You are two or more persons your obligations under this Agreement shall be obligations of each of you separately.
38. Any notice given under this Agreement must be in writing and may be served by personal delivery to the person notified or its address or by pre-paid post. Your address for service of notices shall be your address written overleaf or any other address in England which You have previously notified to us in writing. Any notice to You will also be sent to any owner (whether sole, joint, or co-owners) the name and address of whom we have been previously notified by You. Any notice to us must be sent to our address set out overleaf. A notice will be served at the time of personal delivery or forty-eight hours after it has been placed in the post.
39. Before taking any court proceedings for anything arising out of this Agreement (apart from emergency court proceedings), the complaining party shall inform the other person in writing of the dispute in as much detail as possible and You and we agree to try informal conciliation within twenty business days of the notice of the dispute. If the dispute cannot be resolved, You and we agree to use the Centre for Alternative Dispute Solution to try to resolve the dispute amicably by using an Alternative Dispute Resolution procedure before taking any other step. If the dispute is not resolved to mutual satisfaction within 90 days after notice of the dispute has been given, You or we may submit the dispute to the Court. This Condition does not affect the right of either You or us to terminate this Agreement.
Fantastic storage solution with an outstanding customer service level – would highly recommend the Barn Store.
Tara Scougall’s Barn Storage has been excellent for storing a wide range of house and garden furniture, fittings etc. Access was easy and being able to drive a van inside right up to the container doors made it possible to ignore wet weather! There is ample manoeuvring space outside for a high top vehicle to be parked close to the access shutters. Having 24/7 access is particularly useful – we needed to access the containers late one evening. Everything was very clean and tidy and we felt our belongings were secure, safe and dry. Tara was always on hand if we had any difficulty, the cctv proved useful as on our first visit back James was able to see on his screen that we hadn’t quite remembered the sequence to open doors/shutters and came out to help us! We would have no hesitation in recommending Barn Storage at Tiebridge Farm!
Barn Store have provided an admirable service over a protracted period, completely flexible and ready to react at short notice. Further to this the personal and friendly service of the staff at Barn Store Winchester has been exemplary.
We were very happy with the facility and friendly service.
Having used different self stores in Hampshire and Dorset I can highly recommend for their excellent storage facilities coupled with a professional handling but retaining that care from a family firm.
Cannot be matched for friendly, helpful management, good security and access, all at a very reasonable price.
Thank you for everything, brilliant customer service and have recommended you to lots of people. May almost certainly use you again !!
Particularly useful to have access to the Barn Store van. I needed somewhere at short notice, everyone was very helpful and good value for money.
Very convenient and well appointed facility. Helpful staff and owners make visits like calling on friends.
A very efficient and professional service. Thank you.
A very good, secure system and perfect for my needs.
Excellent service, very friendly and helpful, no hidden extras, very competitively priced. I would not hesitate to recommend Barn Store.
A very friendly family run company. Always helpful. Units easily accessed any time of day.
Just a few words to say thank you very much for your Barn Store services over the past couple of years. During that time you were always very helpful and considerate and we appreciated that very much.
Right from the first phone call the service has been great – friendly and courteous. I have found it much better service because it is a family business and the customer is really important.
You have all been really super at Barn Store, most accommodating during our numerous moves and we would not hesitate in recommending Barn Store for storage facilities. 1st class service.
Well away from the busy city and traffic jams, with Martin and Jane we felt like we were entrusting our treasures to a family member. Safe, secure, convenient, and no need to wake them if we wanted to get to our things at midnight!
Extremely pleasant and helpful service provided. Easy access, clean, dry environment.
Many thanks for what you have done for us and made things so easy. I really did not think it would be as simple as it was at the outset, but Jane and Martin did us proud and solved all our specific and unusual problems. The facilities are excellent and we never had a moments worry about all our possessions. We were most impressed.
A great setup and I am pleased to be able to support a local family business rather than a faceless corporation.
Barn Store was the best form of storage for the usage I required. Very simple, very easy, very accessible.
Lovely to deal with a family run business who treated me as a valued customer. Would definitely use again.
As a storage veteran, I felt my choice of using Barn Store was the right one! Friendly staff, the barn felt secure and set in a beautiful setting. The rates were very competitive and it all felt very flexible and easy going.
Extremely secure. Jane and Martin were great, very friendly. Have recommended already.
Excellent family run business who do a great job. Thank you for the personal touch.
Friendly service, good access and security.
We have been thoroughly satisfied with the storage facilities, the security of the premises, and the excellent staff who are friendly and very willing to help.
Very friendly staff, always answer calls with a smile – well priced against other storage companies. Brilliant service all round – glad I found them.
Fantastic set up – cannot suggest any improvements that could be made. Will not hesitate to recommend!
I have been very satisfied with the services offered to me for the storage of my furniture. Especially with the van that was supplied by Barn Store.
You provide a great service, thank you.
I was recommended to your units and I could not of found a more helpful friendly place. Nothing was too much trouble. If it should arise I will use them again for sure.
Thank you for your friendly and efficient service. Nothing was too much trouble and I will recommend Barn Store to anyone.
Just to say thank you for your help. We are still surrounded by boxes. Concise were also excellent.
Excellent secure storage with good access. Dry and ideal temperature.
We had the good fortune to choose Barn Store and rented space for several years. We moved and removed our goods in their van. The store is in a lovely setting, very secure, easy to access and is immaculate. Best of all is the very friendly and efficient family management.
We just wanted to say thanks so much for providing such a brilliant, clean and safe storage facility for our goods. It has been so convenient and so easy to access….. and easy to leave alone knowing that all was secure!
Barn Store were always helpful and accommodating as our storage requirements changed over time. Being able to load and unload under cover and on one level made using Barn Store very easy.
I would definitely recommend the Barn Store to everyone. The service was absolutely brilliant, lovely family business and the actual barn is so simple to use. I would definitely use again.
Fabulous, friendly, family run concern. Would recommend to anybody. Nothing was too much trouble, always went the extra mile.
We were very pleased with the efficient, friendly service. the facility served us very well for 2 years. Many thanks Barn Store.
The experience of storage at Holden Farm Barn Store was extremely good. Never any hassle and very polite help and service.
Barn Store’s service was first rate – very personal, flexible, considerate and accommodating. The storage itself was secure and dry. We were very impressed.
I would like to thank you for all for all your help over the last 4 years and say I would thoroughly recommend Hartley Park Farm Barn Store to others.
Excellent service provided and extremely nice people to deal with. Highly recommended.
Many thanks for Lisa’s kind assistance in operating the security system.
Very pleased with the friendly and personal service offered by Barn Store besides the excellent storage facility and trouble free access. Will definitely recommend Barn Store to others.
Barn Store at least helps remove part of the stress of moving.
First class service from start to finish, run with a very professional approach. I would fully recommend Barn Store to anybody.
Very convenient, very secure, easy access and well recommended.
Barn Store was a completely hassle free experience. The rural location made it very easy to make multiple trips even on a Saturday without fighting our way through town traffic.
I have been impressed with the helpfulness and courtesy of all the staff and owners of Barn Store, and very impressed with the cleanliness of the storage, and the equipment provided. Certainly a professional operation.
I was looking for a convenient, no hassle storage and this suited my needs perfectly and with access as and when I needed it. Nothing else better.
A friendly, efficient service, giving complete confidence that our property was safe and secure. The free use of the van was an added bonus.
Fantastic set-up! With very helpful and friendly staff 🙂
It was the first time I’ve used a storage facility and I was very impressed by the friendly and efficient service. The facilities were easy to use and the use of the van a bonus. All contributions going to charity for it’s use. Many thanks.
Excellent facilities with friendly, customer focused owner and staff.
Safe, clean and tidy premises, 1st rate security and Tara is very helpful. Definitely will recommend. The location is a bonus.
It was lovely doing business with you and I couldn’t have picked a better storage company!
Simon, you were such a helpful Storage Host over the years. On behalf of the whole family, many thanks to you and your team.
Barn Store provides a very efficient service. Jane was helpful and friendly at all times and I am very happy to recommend them to anyone looking for first class storage facilities.
It was a pleasure dealing with Jane. The 24/7 access made it easy to come and go as we needed to + easy to sort out our things. Would recommend to others.
A big ‘thank you’ to Jane and Martin – the whole process could not have been simpler and the facilities were perfect for our needs. Would happily use again.
I thought it was a great and flexible service you provided in comparison to any other storage I have used. Thank you.
The whole process of renting and handing back the unit was very straightforward. I was also able to access the unit whenever I wished which tended to be at peculiar times over the weekend.
Easy to use and friendly service.
Very accommodating and friendly. Storage is dry, on the level and very secure. Access was easy and the area and units were clean and well cared for.
Extremely friendly and helpful as well as good value. Highly recommended.
Very flexible company to deal with, very helpful and easy to follow instructions, We would definitely use again if needed.
Your whole service is of the highest standard. Long term storage is perfect for ease of access and security. At a very stressful time of moving house everyone was patient, kind and very helpful. Location provides space and trolleys as needed. An exceptional service.
We have had items in storage at Barn Store for 4 years, we’ve had no problems. Thank you for the hassle free service!
A friendly and helpful service with the added attraction of the owner and help on site.
I would just like to thank you for the storage at Barn Store. With the bad weather at the start of the year and after six months of storage it was a pleasure to see that our property had been kept dry, safe and dust free during this period.
Charlie and Lisa are a great team. They are always professional, but friendly and helpful. Available 24/7 if needed. We wish them both well for the future. Certainly to be recommended.
Your service was excellent over four years and I would certainly recommend you to anyone.
I was very impressed with the Barn Store service. The facilities are good, Lisa is super efficient and helpful and the cost is reasonable. I would have no hesitation in recommending it.
Very friendly owners, great security in place that gives excellent peace of mind.
Secure storage with 24/7 access. Professional and friendly customer service. Competitive pricing. Why use anyone else?
An excellent storage facility in a beautiful location. I was almost sorry to be removing my belongings!
Friendly, convenient, accessible facility. Recommended.
Barn Store is a fantastic storage facility, well run, friendly management, dry and with storage all on one level.
A great and friendly service, very efficient and very pleased and satisfied all belongings were very safe.
I have used Barn Store for 7 months since downsizing from a large house to a small cottage. Their service and facilities are excellent and to be highly recommended.
I found Barn Store’s facilities to be an excellent solution for my storage requirements. The staff were friendly and helpful. I was totally confident in the security and after over a year saw no deterioration to my effects.
Martin and Jane were really fab, nothing was too much trouble. The use of the van was the icing on the cake. Would definitely use Barn Store again, without a doubt. Thanks.
I found the Barn Store to be just what I needed in an emergency situation. The service was very efficient, friendly, professional and secure. Thank you.
Fantastic service, very helpful and well informed staff – a pleasure to store things with. Great customer service.
Simple and easy to arrange storage, staff really helpful and great value for money.
Ideal location for a very reasonably priced very good and well run business.
I was very impressed with all aspects of this storage company. Our needs were met with complete co-operation and friendliness. Highly recommended.
All aspects of storing at Barn Store was extremely easy. The office staff were super friendly and efficient.
Thoroughly recommend Barn Store, after 2 years my belongings came out in the same good condition that they went in. The service is personal, reasonably priced and I would recommend to whoever I can.
Unrestricted 24/7 access was important to me, and the process of joining and leaving was made very easy by the friendly owners.
Barn Store made my relocation to London very easy. Secure, 24 hour storage at great value. Thanks.
Surely you would not leave your treasured possessions with people you would not invite into your home.
Moving is not such a pleasurable experience but Barn Store made life as easy and simple as it could be. An excellent service.
Barn Store wonderful. Jane and Martin extremely helpful. Felt that all my goods were protected and secure. After moving furniture in four other types of storage companies with difficulty parking, queues, restricted opening times, lifts etc, endless frustrations Barn Store was by far the best. A company run by a family who were extremely helpful. 24 hour access drive up to the store with van an unload straight into unit. Units strong and secure where you know your goods are protected. Strongly recommended. Forget the other companies, go straight to Martin or Jane at Barn Store.
We were really pleased with the friendly and personal service offered by Barn Store, in fact we were quite sad to leave as it’s been an excellent service. Thank you.
I won’t hesitate to recommend your Barn Store to others (and I have already done so). I always felt safe and it was great to be able to get things in and out so easily. Many thanks for your great service.
Fast, efficient and very pleasant administration and service. Very accessible, clean and well lit storage.
Barn Store was a completely hassle free experience. The rural location made it very easy to make multiple trips even on a Saturday without fighting our way through town traffic.
This secure and efficient storage facility in a lovely rural area relieved the serious stress of moving house.
Very friendly and helpful service at all times, and completely flexible.
During my time with Barn Store I had nothing but great service. They were always helpful. I would recommend to all my family and friends.
Would definitely recommend to friends and family.
Barn Store has the advantage that you can access your store at any time giving total convenience. Local and independent with excellent customer service.
The Barn Store provided a safe and secure unit for storage at a reasonable price and the staff were extremely helpful. I would not hesitate to use them again.
I was very pleased with the efficient and friendly service I received from Barn Store. My unit was clean and dry and in a secure facility.
We have used Barn Store secure in the knowledge that our belongings are safe, secure, protected and would always recommend to others.
Faultless safe and secure storage facility, easy to alter as your needs change and a friendly and helpful service too – Highly recommend!
Dealing personally with the owner makes the whole process much simpler.
Wonderful owners, amazing location and very helpful. I cannot recommend highly enough.
Exactly what I required, trouble free 24 hr level access, good parking and favorable terms, making my move a pleasant and easy experience.
I have been extremely happy with the polite, professional and practical service given by the team at Barn Store and will be using the facility on a regular basis.
An all round excellent facility, coupled with excellent service and support.
From start to finish, Martin and Jane at Barn Store were professional but friendly – and the storage solutions are second to none!
Don’t mend something that “ain’t broken”! It is a rare occurrence to be able to say of a commercial enterprise that one has absolute confidence in every aspect of their service, and having been a customer of Barn Store for about 4 years, I can say this un-resolvedly of both the company and its people.
Excellent service start to finish and I would highly recommend this service.
Barn Store does exactly what it says it will do. Stores your items securely, where they stay dry and you have access 24/7.
I have found Barn Store excellent for my purposes, the 24 hour access is brilliant, security great and the attention from the family second to none.
Service that goes the extra mile for their customers – nothing too much trouble to be of help and assistance. Like a home from home! Lovely people to deal with. Definately worth serious consideration.
The 24 hour access, seven days a week was a god send for us. Also to have Claire on site to call when there was an unexpected problem was so important.
Easy to get to, quiet location and very secure.
This is an excellent facility that I would recommend.
Very impressed with the service from Barn Store. Thank you.
Barn Store’s service and support was excellent throughout. Very competitive rate, top class security system and extremely easy access.
Barn Store has been fantastic, easy 24 hour entry and all on one level. The staff/owners were so kind and helpful. Would use again if the need arises. Knowing my things were safe was a comfort. Thanks.
Having used other storage facilities in the past, the Barn Store at Melbury is by far the friendliest and safest place we have found.
From the first contact by telephone, the staff were very helpful and reassuring. This level of consideration continued through-out the storage period.
I would recommend Barn Store to anybody looking for value for money storage. Charlie and Lisa run a first class operation in a professional manner.
We found the unit very helpful in clearing our loft. With many thanks for your help.
I was very pleased with the facilities at Barn Store, and would be quite happy to use it again.
Professional service, always happy to help and nothing was too much trouble! Excellent storage facility – highly recommend.
I found this storage solution at Barn Store a great hassle free service with friendly reliable people.
Friendly, personal service – very convenient, no hassle, good value. Definately recommend.
The storage facility is easily accessible with clean dry units in sizes to fit most needs. With an excellent security system and all at ground level it could not be better.
Many thanks for being a great company and it has been a pleasure being a customer.
Thank you for all your friendliness and help while I was moving in – and finding the need for more space – and then moving out! You are lovely to deal with and it is much appreciated. Hugs all round. And thank you too for my lovely lavender treasures!
Very accommodating and always a pleasure to deal with Charlie and his team.
Owners always on site and very pleasant and helpful. Store dry and spotless.
Not only was your service first class in every respect, it was also very flexible. Furthermore, being able to use your van was a cost saving bonus.
The Barn Store was perfect for me. I could leave my things there long term knowing they were safe.
Friendly, helpful service – I would be happy to use Barn Store again and to recommend them.
Booked – moved in – paid our initial rent and deposit. Was shown how the security works and everything was spot on – we were free to come and go as we pleased.
This is the first time we have put anything in storage and it couldn’t have been easier. Ease of access, security, cleanliness and friendly, informative team on hand to help out made the whole experience hassle free.
We cannot fault Barn Store. From the friendly and helpful owners to the 24/7 access and upfront pricing policy with no hidden extras – it was brilliant.
Your help was absolutely great, once again thanks for everything.
An easy to use and friendly service. Any problems were easily rectified and quickly.
We found Barn Store easy, accessible at anytime and would most certainly use the service again.
Barn Store is excellent. Clean secure, private and convenient and with easy access. Much better than going in to town.
Excellent service, very friendly staff.
This is the second time we have used Barn Store. I would recommend it to anyone needing secure storage, it is 24/7 and all on one level.
I found Barn Store extremely easy and convenient to use and would use again – Thanks !
Thanks for all your help over the years.
Really pleased with the friendly service and easy to use system. The storage is good value for money and we would use Barn Store again if we needed to.
A brilliant service – it couldn’t have been easier.
Brilliant service – first class people to deal with – painless and safe storage.
Very helpful staff, nothing is too much trouble and in a beautiful location.
I had 100% confidence in Barn Store, very friendly people who give a great service, with very reasonable rates.
It has been a pleasure knowing you, Simon and Carolyn. You have given me complete peace of mind that my belongings are in safe hands. I am so glad that I listened to the recommendation I received to store with you and would not hesitate to recommend that others should do so too.
Can’t recommend Barn Store highly enough – the space and staff are fantastic.
I have found your storage facility to be excellent, particularly for us – living so close to it. The 24/7 access is most useful and the containers are nice and dry and secure. Thank you for providing such a good service.
Clean, dry, and secure local storage. A very professional organisation.
I needed a storage company who were helpful, value for money and who could help me quickly. I found all that and more with Barn Store.
I have found your storage facility to be excellent, particularly for us – living so close to it. The 24/7 access is most useful and the containers are nice and dry and secure. Thank you for providing such a good service.
I would like to thank Jane and Martin for the fantastic service provided by Barn Store. Brilliant facilities, excellent customer service, genuinely nice people to do business with.
The storage facilities are excellent with easy access and excellent security. Jane and Martin are very friendly and provide excellent customer service. I would not hesitate to recommend Barn Store to anyone requiring storage.
I found the Barn Store storage just what I needed. The staff were excellent and very helpful. Well done and Thank You.
Barn Store in Cheriton took the headache out of moving. They provided a friendly, professional and personalised service and I cannot recommend them highly enough.
It suited our needs just perfectly, free to come and go as we wished within a very secure environment. The owners on site and very friendly and helpful.
We have used Barn Store twice and I would thoroughly recommend the friendly, courteous, efficient and prompt service provided by the Barn Store team at Offwell Farm, Southwick.
Temporary storage capability of a very high standard, with a range of units designed to meet most requirements. A very well-structured service throughout.
Great service and perfect facility. Ideal location and lovely people. Highly recommended.
A great secure storage facility. Very helpful and friendly staff. Very accommodating with the use of the van. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to store either on short or long term. Thanks.
Thank you for providing a safe, clean and well maintained facility resolving my need for short term storage on return from overseas. An excellent arrangement that I would recommend to anyone.
Most useful for our house move enabling us to gradually dispose of items without cluttering up the house. Would use on any future move!
For trouble free storage, ease of access and friendly helpful staff, Barn Store cannot be beaten.
Very organised, easy to use site, plenty of parking. Good communication with the owners. Personal service. Excellent!
The simplicity of the storage and ease of access put Barn Store head and shoulders above some of the big brand storage companies.
Great and friendly atmosphere and very helpful and accommodating. Would recommend to a friend.
A family run business and who are passionate about their heritage, services and customers. On using the storage unit I can recommend their facilities, a safe and secure site and on hand to assist.
Stores with a toilet, a dustbin, coffee making facilities, trundle barrows and top security are rare!
Thank you for the excellent service, we couldn’t have managed without it.
Barn Store have all that most people would ask for in a storage facility and to top that their staff are tops. The availability of the van made our moving so much easier.
I used Barn Store for a month and from start to finish I was very happy. You are both very helpful and go that extra mile to make customers feel welcome. I felt comfortable using your highly secured storage unit and would recommend to anyone I know. I can honestly say there were no faults or nothing negative about my experience. Thank you both very much.
Excellent service, very friendly, value for money, easy access and to top it all off a beautiful location. Wouldn’t hesitate to use Barn Store again.
We had extensive building work on our house earlier this year and had to move everything into storage for nearly six months. We were really pleased with the service we received at Barn Store and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend it. The site itself is easy to get to, clean and well maintained. There were never any problems moving things into or out of storage and we could have access whenever we needed. The most impressive thing about Barn Store, however, was the help we received from Lisa and Charlie. They were always friendly and professional and couldn’t have done more to make things easy for us. We would like to extend a big thank you to them both for making this part of our building project as stress free as it could have been.
I was extremely happy with everything.
A great place to store our furniture whilst moving house. It was all so easy and accessible 24/7.
My house move was made much much easier by renting a Barn Store unit before, during and after the process. Very quiet, uncrowded location and easy 24/7 access.
I was very impressed with the friendly welcome and helpful owner. The 24/7 access and large storage containers made it perfect for us.
Thank you for making all the arrangements so straightforward – it was good to be able to reserve the unit in advance as I was moving from abroad and to be able to move in at the weekend with no problems. Everyone was always very happy to help in the event of any queries.
Professionally and helpfully run. Good clean and dry storage.
Best storage facility I have encountered.
Barn Stores friendly owners could not have been more helpful. The storage is excellent and it has been such a pleasure to use, especially with the beautiful rural outlook.
Very happy with the facility offered and would recommend.
The complete storage process was seamless and efficient. The courtesy afforded me, especially on the odd occasions when I locked myself out, speaks volumes for your patience and consideration for the customer. I would not hesitate to use your facility again should the need arise. Thank you.
I would certainly use again and recommend to others.
A smoothly run operation at an affordable price and very friendly staff. Thank you for my time with you.
Very pleased with the service. No negatives – all positives. Would sooo use again.
I was extremely impressed with the customer service and interaction from the Barn Store team – very polite and professional.
A very friendly and helpful smooth service.
Thank you once again for your courtesy during our ‘stay’. You have been most helpful and flexible, often at extremely short notice!
I would certainly recommend you and use your services again if the need ever arose.
Brilliant secure storage. Couldn’t fault it in any way.
A secure, dry, individually locked container to suit my requirements for an undisturbed period as guaranteed. Immaculate.
I have had quite a few containers over the years and you have always organised it straight away for me. Thank you so much for always giving such a great service and when I need another one in the future I will definitely be giving you a call.
My goods were safe, dry and I had access when needed – will certainly recommend.
Extremely well run, customer focused business …. and the clincher is free use of their van to move your stuff!
The Barn Store is by far the best storage company I have used. Their attentive and personal, friendly approach and service put all of the other chain named companies to shame. The owners are so warm and welcoming. I’d recommend anyone in an instant.
Very helpful, friendly, let me use van at no extra cost to collect furniture.
Excellent facility and very friendly and helpful staff.
I was most impressed with Barn Store at Holden Farm, Cheriton. Easy access and very friendly proprietors.
Many thanks for having such a flexible approach to our storage needs! The use of the van was extremely useful too.
Excellent storage facility with hassle free access and brilliant service provided by the friendly owners. Highly recommended.
Martin and Jane are both very helpful and incredibly friendly. Not only have they helped provide a great storage facility but also raised my awareness in the local area.
I think the facilities are excellent.
Clean, easy access, no lifts, all on one level, trolleys provided. No problems at all. Worked well for us.
An excellent service which fulfilled our short term storage needs and was delivered with real professionalism.
Thank you for your kindnesses and helpfulness for the past 3 ½ years. You and Carolyn helped to make sometimes difficult occasions easier.
A family run storage facility with very friendly and helpful staff. Very secure units with 24/7 access. I would happily recommend Barn Store to anyone.
Regarding our storage time with Barn Store we can only say every aspect was an excellent, unstressful experience. Also the availability, by appointment, for the loan of the van was invaluable. Thank you.
Barn Store has dealt with our moving and storage needs very efficiently and without fuss. Also recommend man and van.
Lisa, we found you very friendly and helpful. Thank you.
I was entirely satisfied with the facilities and service and it exceeded a previous experience with another company.